AAI Outreach Program
The AAI Outreach Program provides career development opportunities for young investigators and supports AAI members in their volunteer efforts in the field. The program supports various activities such as oral and poster presentation awards, student workshops, career sessions, and keynote addresses at member-organized immunology meetings. To be eligible for support, a meeting must:
- Be organized on a volunteer basis by an AAI Regular, Associate, or Trainee member in good standing
- Include immunology prominently in the meeting program
- Have an open registration without specific institutional or employment affiliations
- Offer presentation opportunities for young investigators (students and postdoctoral fellows)
Meetings organized or supported by corporations, universities or colleges, government entities, non-profit member-based societies, non-profit meeting organizations or meetings with full-time professional conference management are generally not eligible. This program does not support internal department meetings or retreats.
Examples of past recipients (with supported activities):
- Autumn Immunology Conference (abstract presentation awards; undergraduate workshop; careers roundtable)
- Colorado Immunology Conference (abstract presentation awards; keynote address)
- ImmunologyLA (abstract presentation awards; keynote address)
- La Jolla Immunology Conference (abstract presentation awards)
- Midwinter Conference of Immunologists (abstract presentation awards; keynote address)
- Southeastern Immunology Symposium (abstract presentation awards; keynote address)
- Upstate New York Immunology Conference (abstract presentation awards)
AAI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select recipients as well as to determine levels of support.
© The American Association of Immunologists, Inc.
1451 Rockville Pike, Suite 650 | Rockville, Maryland 20852 | Phone: (301) 634-7178 | Fax: (301) 634-7887
Email: email@example.com | Website feedback: AAI Webmaster