CPA Sessions at IMMUNOLOGY 2006™
2006 Public Service Award Presentation and Reception
Sunday, May 14, 2006, 11:00 AM
Introduction: Ellen Kraig, Chair, AAI Committee on Public Affairs
Presentation: Paul M. Allen, AAI President
- Vicki and Fred Modell, Co-Founders, The Jeffrey Modell Foundation
For more information on the AAI Public Service Award, click here.
Pandemics and Bioterrorism: Why Immunology Research May Save the World
Sunday, May 14, 2006, 12:30 PM
Chair: Ellen Kraig, Univ. of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Anthony S. Fauci, NIAID, NIH
- Biodefense and pandemic preparedness: the research agenda
- Jacqueline M. Katz, Immunology and Viral Pathogenesis Section, Influenza Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Immunity to avian influenza viruses: implications for pandemic preparedness
- Peter Palese, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- What can we learn from reconstructing the extinct 1918 pandemic influenza virus?
Anthony Fauci, M.D.
Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
National Institutes of Health
Jacqueline Katz, Ph.D.
Team Leader, Immunology and Viral Pathogenesis Unit,
Influenza Branch, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases,
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Dr. Peter Palese
Professor and Chairman, Department of Microbiology
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Attendees at the standing-room-only sessions
© The American Association of Immunologists, Inc.
1451 Rockville Pike, Suite 650 | Rockville, Maryland 20852 | Phone: (301) 634-7178 | Fax: (301) 634-7887
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website feedback: AAI Webmaster